HYDROS Magnet Mount Temperature Sensor
HYDROS Temperature Sensor - Sense Port Accessory
The HYDROS Temperature Sensor is an easy and affordable way to prevent your aquarium water from becoming too cold or too hot. It monitors the water temperature in your aquarium so you can keep it within the safe zone for fish, coral, and inverts. The sensor plugs into any Sense Port on a HYDROS device (like the Control 2 or Control 4) and does not require any additional power source.
The way it works is easy: just place the sensor inside your aquarium or sump. It can be mounted to surfaces up to ½” thick. There is a magnetic coupling that will sit outside your tank or sump to keep the sensor securely in place. You can configure the HYDROS app so that if the water temperature is higher than 82°F or lower than 78°F (for example), it can send you a mobile alert to let you know. You can also set it up so that outlets that have a heater, chiller, or fan plugged into them turn off when the temperature is outside the safe zone. Your heating and cooling equipment must be plugged into a HYDROS power source, like the Power 4 power strip or Smart Plug, for this sort of automation to occur.
The HYDROS Temperature Sensor contains no moving parts that can fail. It’s extremely tiny: it’s a little over a half-inch thick with a circumference the size of a US penny. The magnet side measures only ¼” thick. The sensor is easy to place, easy to move, and easy to clean. It provides peace of mind that your aquarium water temperature will never drift outside optimal ranges for aquatic life.
The HYDROS Temperature Sensor is an Official HYDROS Accessory manufactured by AutoAqua in Taiwan. Creators of the Smart ATO Micro, AutoAqua is one of the most well-known and trusted makers of aquarium automation systems in the hobby today. CoralVue has thoroughly tested the Temperature Sensor to ensure seamless compatibility with the HYDROS platform. The product development team at CoralVue engineered the sensor so it connects with any HYDROS Sense Port using its aviation-style plug for safe operation. No additional power source is needed to run the sensor. Keep your aquarium water temperature in the safe zone with the HYDROS Temperature Sensor.
- Diameter - 0.75”
- Sensor - 0.55” thick
- Magnet Mount - 0.25” thick
- Max Mounting Thickness: ½”
- No Moving Parts
- Magnetic Attachment
- Protects your aquarium from unsafe water temperatures
- You can use it to shut off a heater, chiller, or fan when the water temperature gets too hot or cold
- You can set it up so that you’ll receive a mobile alert of your water temperature drifts outside the safe zone
- For freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- The HYDROS Temperature Sensor uses a GX12 aviation-style connector so the Control 2 and Control 4 maintain their IP65-rating (dust-tight and protected from water spray at any angle).
- Powered, monitored, and controlled by plugging into a Sense Port on the HYDROS Control 2 or Control 4. No additional power cord is required.
- Manufactured by AutoAqua, an official HYDROS Technology Partner.